The safety of our employees is always of the utmost importance to everyone at LAUNCH, and we are committed to an incident-free environment. Working safe is a condition of employment and employees are required to participate in ongoing safety training.
As we always say at LAUNCH, Safety Rules are Your Best Tools! LAUNCH is committed to providing a safe work environment and we ask you to always keep safe work habits top of mind. This includes observing all safety rules, practices and procedures and always use caution in your work activities. Please remember, it is critical for your safety and the safety of those around you to immediately report any unsafe work condition to the appropriate supervisor as soon as possible.
If you do experience an injury, LAUNCH provides you with an immediate response plan to enable you to receive the necessary medical attention you need, get you back to work in a timely manner and proactively manage your claim.
All LAUNCH employees are provided with an On-the-Job Injury (OJI) wallet card at the time of hire. If you do not have this card, please contact LAUNCH to receive one at 888.888.7195, ext. 5.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE INJURED AT WORK:
- If it is a life or limb threatening medical emergency, please call 911.
- Refer to your LAUNCH ON-THE-JOB INJURY (OJI) wallet card and follow the steps on the card.
- Notify your job site supervisor immediately and call the LAUNCH Claims & Risk Department ASAP at 630-206-5011 or toll free at 888-888-7195, extension 5.
- You will need to complete a detailed report of your injury prior to seeking medical treatment unless your injury is life threatening.
If medical treatment is necessary, the LAUNCH Claims & Risk Department will guide medical care to ensure proper treatment and to manage payment of all bills.
- Please tell your medical provider that you have been injured at work (and that you are a LAUNCH employee) so they can complete the necessary forms.
- Any medical reports or bills must be faxed to the LAUNCH Claims & Risk Department at 877-754-0317.
- A full investigation of the incident by LAUNCH is required before acceptance of an injury claim.
- LAUNCH expects you to return to your job immediately following treatment. A full medical release, along with mandatory post-incident Drug & Alcohol test documentation is required.
- If modified work is given, LAUNCH is able to accommodate.
- Only the LAUNCH Claims & Risk Department can authorize you to return to work. Your lead, supervisor, or even the on-site manager cannot authorize your return to work.
- Failure to follow these procedures may jeopardize coverage of your claim.